Is there a leaning ominously over your house? Turn to T W Enterprises, Inc, serving the Westbrook, ME area. We offer tree removal services to homeowners and business owners. Our licensed and insured team can take on tree removal jobs of any size.
Arrange for tree removal services today. We'll be glad to give you a free estimate.
Our expert crew can do more than just take down trees. You can also rely on us for:
- Tree pruning services - we'll remove dead or diseased limbs to keep your tree growing healthy and strong
- Stump grinding services - we'll grind down pesky tree stumps on your property to prevent pest infestations and tripping accidents
- Forestry mulching services - we'll clear your property of overgrown vegetation and unwanted trees
Make an appointment for tree pruning or forestry mulching services by calling T W Enterprises at 207-856-0046 now. We also have a tree replanting program.
A sizeable lot of trees can be beautiful, or it can be a hazardous eyesore. When a forested area is well-cared for and maintained, it creates a park-like atmosphere. However, when it is left to itself and becomes overgrown, it can be overwhelming and unappealing. The solution lies with forestry mulching.
Forestry mulching is an efficient one-machine, one-operator method of land-clearing that removes unwanted trees, brush, and vines. The machine grinds down the cleared vegetation, leaving behind a fine layer of mulch. This mulch can be driven over or seeded while reintroducing nutrients back into the soil. The mulch also provides effective erosion control that protects the top soil, making it functional as well as aesthetically pleasing.
T W Enterprises provides you with the most beneficial forestry mulching options to complete any project from lot clearing to vegetation management or creating a park-like atmosphere around your home.
Stump grinding is the most efficient way of removing unwanted stumps in your yard. Our 37hp machine (on tracks) can fit through a 36" gate opening, traverse hills and inclines, and grind stumps 8"-12" below the surface. Our 55hp machine can grind larger stumps in a shorter amount of time. We also grind surface roots to avoid damage to your lawn mower blades. After grinding your stumps, we rake the chips back into the holes for a neat, professional outcome.
Don't want a pile of chips in your lawn? Want that old stump to be a new lawn? For an addition cost, we can remove all of the chips from the stump hole and and creating a new lawn by filling the hole with loam, covering it with grass seed, and fertilizing the area.
T W Enterprises, Inc. specializes in pruning large ornamental shade trees. Our arborists can determine what type of pruning is necessary to maintain or improve the health, appearance and safety of your trees. There is no job too small or large, from removing a couple of low limbs so you can mow your lawn, to climbing to the top of your 100′ oak tree for a full crown thinning.
In a majority of cases we do recommend a full pruning where an arborist climbs to the top of your tree and thins out the center, removes the undergrowth, dead branches, any crossing branches, and any broken branches. The reason we recommend this is that it can remove up to 1/3 of the foliage, reducing the weight and sail of the tree (wind resistance), removes dangerous/hazardous limbs, and reduces the amount of leaves and seeds (such as acorns) that drop onto your yard and landscape. Pruning allows the wind to blow through the tree, instead of on the tree, which greatly reduces storm damage. It also allows sunlight to filter down through the canopy on the landscape shrubs, and turf to promote better growth. When the wind and light filter through the canopy after being pruned, it helps with the transportation and respiration of the tree, making the tree much more healthy as well as aesthetically pleasing.
Call today to have one of our arborists evaluate your trees and give you a free written estimate of what is recommended for the health of your trees and landscape. Our techniques include:
- Eliminating overlapping or touching branches.
- Removing limbs that interfere with wires, building façades, gutters, roofs, chimneys, or windows.
- Removing limbs that obstruct streets or sidewalks.
- Removing dead or weak limbs that pose a hazard or may lead to decay.
- Removing diseased or insect-infected limbs.
- Creating better structure to lessen wind resistance and reduce the potential for storm damage.
- Training young trees.
- Removing limbs damaged by adverse weather conditions.
- Thinning or removal of unnecessary branches.
- Improving the shape or silhouette of the tree.
We specialize in large, difficult and hazardous tree removals. Although tree removal is a last resort, there are circumstances when it is necessary. An arborist can help decide whether or not a tree should be removed. Arborists have the skills and equipment to safely and efficiently remove trees. Removal is recommended when the following occur:
- The tree is dead or dying.
- The tree is considered irreparably hazardous.
- The tree is causing an obstruction that is impossible to correct through pruning.
- The tree is crowding and causing harm to other trees.
- The tree is to be replaced by a more suitable specimen.
- The tree should be removed to allow for new construction.